We are lucky to have so many road enthusiasts in Victoria, that there are weekly road rides that run all year long!
Here's what you need to know before heading out on any of our awesome weekly group rides:
1) You have a Victoria Wheelers Club membership; Cycling BC license; or a UCI license; or
2) If you don't have any of the above, please come a little early and ask for the Ride Leader. Before leaving the Ride Leader will give you our really interesting 2-ride waiver to read and sign, which allows you join 2 group rides. After you've experienced 2 group rides and discover that you want to get involved more, you need to go back to #1 and get a UCI license and/or Club membership.
3) You've checked out our Wheeler Rules of the Road. We pride ourselves on being safe and supportive riders.
Monday Women's Ride
Monday Gentleman’s Ride
Saturday Road Ride
The Victoria Wheeler's Saturday Ride is usually led by a rotating mix of OBB Staff Members and Wheeler Ambassadors. It begins at 9 am sharp in the OBB Victoria parking lot, and is designed to be an intermediate to advanced ride.
For this ride, riders should be able to achieve 30-35km/hr average on flats, and the ride is typically 80km to 100 km.
Riders should know how to ride within a group, and must have own tools/extra tubes.
In the rainy season, and/or road conditions anywhere along the route can be expected to be wet, fenders with extensions are manditory.
Sunday Road Ride
Departs OBB Victoria @ 9:00
This 80 km ride is STEADY and SOCIAL. Overall average speed ranges between 28-30 kms per hr. Our focus is respecting the rules of the road and safety in a group.
We welcome cyclists without group riding experience.. provided you have the fitness to maintain thespeed of the group. Experienced ride leaders will coach you on group ride etiquetteand safety. If you are unable to maintain thespeed for the entire ride, stay with us as long as you can, keep working onyour fitness, and join us again the following week.
*April-September there is an optional ride “extension” of approx 30kms.See map below.
· Cycling BC Insurance must be current.
· Ensure your bike is ride-ready. Bring a sparetube, pump and tire levers.
· Fenders (and fender extensions) are mandatory onrainy days.
And please remember to check out our Wheeler Rules of the Road. We pride ourselves on being safe and supportive riders.
Have fun, be safe, and be awesome!